Sunday, May 1, 2011

Shuttleworth on Ubuntu 11.04 Linux and Unity

I installed to Ubuntu 11.4 Unity alongside 10.04, a couple of days ago. My first impression of the GNOME 3 interface was one of total dislike. I am willing to give it a couple of  days to grow on me.

Below is Mark Shuttleworth's take on Ubuntu 11.04:


Ubuntu 11.04 has been out for a few days now and while, generally speaking, I like Ubuntuâs new Unity interface, I know some people really dislike it. So, who better to explain why Unity looks and works the way it does than Mark Shuttleworth, founder of Ubuntu and the company behind it, Canonical?
Shuttleworth opened by saying that the main point of Ubuntu 11.04 with Unity was âto bring the joys and freedoms and innovation and performance and security that have always been part of the Linux platform, to a consumer audience.

Read the full article at:
Shuttleworth on Ubuntu 11.04 Linux and Unity

No comments:

Post a Comment