Monday, April 26, 2010

Blood sugar testing game and accessory coming for the Nintendo DS

I guess this is a matter of if you can't beat them, join them. It is certainly an interesting way to combine entertainment with the dreadful prospect of testing blood sugars. I actually like this idea of kids having a game challenge to unlock doors, through regular testing of their blood sugars. It puts fun into it and, in my opinion, fosters a sense of urgency with children to test regularly to beat the game. I have an eleven year old diabetic son and I'm fully aware of the challenges to keep blood sugars at te required level. I am not sure how this game is going to deal with the testing frequencies, because not all kids have the same testing frequency. On the other hand the game allows the kids to be aware of their blood sugar scores which can be treated accordingly. There is however still one constant factor that needs to be applied, constant supervision is still the name of the game. The game may help kids to test when it is required, but kids still need constant supervision to treat the acquired levels of blood sugar. Finally, Nintendo has cleverly tapped into the diabetes market with the introduction of this diabetes accessory, which I believe may be a very rewarding one.

Blood sugar testing game and accessory coming for the Nintendo DS

Posted using ShareThis

1 comment:

  1. Wow..wish they had come up with this idea when I was younger... It would have been helpful when it came to testing my blood sugars (^^)

    ReplyDelete